Position Title: Software Engineer
Office Location: North America / US / Remote
Vector Flow (established 2019) is a next-generation, AI-powered, data-driven security optimization platform and applications company revolutionizing physical and logical security operations. The Vector Flow platform and applications can be deployed at a fraction of the time and cost of other traditional security systems and provide AI-driven results out of the box while providing ongoing enhancements to security operations. Vector Flow promises high performance, scalability and configurability flexibility not found in other, legacy solutions in the market today.
Vector Flow’s platform and applications range from Security Operation Center (SOC) alarm reduction and management, health and systems maintenance, KPI metric monitoring, reporting and dashboards, identity and physical access lifecycle management, visitor management, audit, compliance and privacy solutions.
Vector Flow is built on a cutting edge, data-driven architecture and licensed as a subscription ‘pay as you utilize’ solution making it easy, fast and cost-effective to deploy quickly and realize immediate business value.
The primary role, responsibilities and duties are:
- Analyze, design, debug, modify software programs to support programming needs
- Maintain and enhance existing code with a focus on implementation. Collaborate with and assist a team of engineers in writing functional, design, and user interface specifications. Follow the software lifecycle process when developing software. Help identify solutions to problems encountered in the software cycle
- Develop software in a fast, agile environment on a scalable and high-performance product. Work on product feature development which involves gathering requirements, design of the software modules needed (with particular emphasis on performance and scale), coding, and automated testing
- Work on product software maintenance by doing incremental fixes in the software. Help identify performance and architecture improvements in the software modules, research, and come up with new designs
- Perform quality assurance activities like testing the implemented systems for proper functions and assist quality assurance and support teams in technical issues
- Provide advice on architectural strategies and best practice approaches. Define and implement product health and performance monitoring strategies
- Contribute to team development through support and collaboration with remote team members. Provide production support
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field\
- Five (5) years of progressive, experience involving each of the following tools and technologies: Socket programming, C and Python programming languages, Linux, http proxy technologies, HTTP traffic, TCP/IP stack, SSL/TLS and HTTPS protocol
- Hands-on technical experience in core Python, SQL & Java is required
- Must have experience in building, deploying, and improving Machine Learning models and algorithms in real-world products
- Work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence
- Prior experience working in a security software product company is a plus
- Hands-on experience implementing machine learning and security intelligence solutions is a plus
- Highly competitive experience and competency-based salary
- Industry leading benefits package – health, dental, etc.
- English / Primary
- Other languages considered
Qualified candidates are welcome to contact Vector Flow Human Resources at any time by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a resume and cover letter with your interests for consideration.